OptumRx® Mail Service Pharmacy
Make the most of your Pharmacy benefits today.
You could pay less for the same medications when you fill your prescriptions with OptumRx, your plan's Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy.
Savings and convenience delivered right to your home.
- Copay savings vary by plan.1 Contact UnitedHealthcare for full details on how you could save on your copays compared to what you would pay at a Network Retail Pharmacy.
- Completed orders for a new prescription should arrive within ten business days, completed refill orders should arrive in about seven business days.
- No shipping charge for standard delivery to U.S. addresses, including U.S. territories.
- All medications are dispensed in clearly labeled containers and mailed in a confidential, tamper-evident package.
- Licensed pharmacists are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your medication questions.
- OptumRx is a national Mail Service Pharmacy founded and managed by pharmacists.
Call OptumRx at 1-877-889-6358 (TTY 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please have your medication name and physician's telephone number ready when you call. They can get you set up with home delivery right over the phone.
Or by mail.
Complete an order form and mail it to OptumRx along with your written prescription(s).
Prescription order form (PDF)(688.7 KB)
Or by physician.
Have your physician's office call 1-800-791-7658 with your prescriptions, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. CT/CST, Monday-Friday, excluding certain holidays, TTY 711, or fax them to 1-800-491-7997 24 hours 7 days a week.
Prescription orders sent directly to OptumRx from your doctor must have your approval before OptumRx can send your medications. This includes new prescriptions and prescription refills. OptumRx will contact you, by phone, to get your approval. At that time you may also tell OptumRx to automatically fill any future prescriptions they receive directly from your doctor(s) for up to one year. If OptumRx is unable to reach you for approval your prescription will not be sent to you.
Refunds may be available for prescriptions you did not approve and did not want. You may request a refund or cancel your approval by calling OptumRx at 1-800-791-7658, TTY 711, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. CT, Monday – Friday.
How the Preferred Mail Service Pharmacy Works
- Your order enters the fulfillment system.
- A pharmacist reviews your information for drug interactions, allergies and dosage.
- After your prescription is dispensed another pharmacist reviews your medication for accuracy.
- Your medication is sealed and placed in a confidential, tamper-evident package.
- Your prescriptions are mailed to you and you are notified when they have been shipped.
- Check the status of your Mail Service Pharmacy order.
- Find medications and lower costs alternatives covered by your plan.
- Renew your expired prescriptions.
- Set up text message notifications to remind you to take your medicine.
- Refill prescriptions when your medications are running low.