OptumRx® Mail Service Pharmacy
Make the most of your Pharmacy benefits today.
You could pay less for the same medications when you fill your prescriptions with the OptumRx Mail Service Pharmacy.1
- Pay as low as $0 for a 90-day supply of Tier 1 medications (typically generic drugs) for some plans.2
- Contact UnitedHealthcare to find out how much you can save on Tier 2 through Tier 5 medications compared to a Non-Preferred Network Retail Pharmacy.
- If you are receiving Extra Help from Medicare, your copay may be less for a 90-day supply.
Savings and convenience—delivered to you.
- Completed orders for a new prescription should arrive within ten business days, completed refill orders should arrive in about seven business days.
- No shipping charge for standard delivery to U.S. addresses, including U.S. territories.
- All medications are dispensed in clearly labeled containers and mailed in a confidential, tamper-evident package.
- Licensed pharmacists are available by phone to answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- OptumRx is a national Mail Service Pharmacy founded and managed by pharmacists.
NOTE: If you are receiving Extra Help from Medicare, your copays may be lower or you may have no copays.
Call OptumRx at 1-888-223-2759 (TTY 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please have your medication name and physician’s telephone number ready when you call. They can get you set up with home delivery right over the phone.
Or by mail.
Complete the order form (PDF)(216.9 KB) and mail it to OptumRx along with your written prescription(s).
Or by physician.
Have your physician’s office call 1-800-791-7658 with your prescriptions, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. CT/CST, Monday-Friday, excluding certain holidays, TTY 711, or fax them to 1-800-491-7997 24 hours 7 days a week.
Prescription orders sent directly to OptumRx from your doctor must have your approval before OptumRx can send your medications. This includes new prescriptions and prescription refills. OptumRx will contact you, by phone, to get your approval. At that time you may also tell OptumRx to automatically fill any future prescriptions they receive directly from your doctor(s) for up to one year. If OptumRx is unable to reach you for approval your prescription will not be sent to you.
Refunds may be available for prescriptions you did not approve and did not want. You may request a refund or cancel your approval by calling OptumRx at 1-800-791-7658, TTY 711, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. CT, Monday – Friday.
For more information visit www.optumrx.com.
- Check the status of your Mail Service Pharmacy order.
- Find medications and lower cost alternatives covered by your plan.
- Renew your expired prescriptions.
- Set up text message notifications to remind you to take your medicine.
- Refill prescriptions when your medications are running low.