Special Needs Plans

Enrollment Information

To enroll in a Special Needs plan you must have Medicare Part A and Part B, reside in the plan's service area, and meet the plan's specific eligibility requirements, such as one of the following:

  • Qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid (also referred to as "dual eligible").
  • Live in a long-term care facility such as a contracted nursing home or skilled nursing facility.
  • Have one or more specific chronic or disabling conditions, like diabetes or chronic heart failure (CHF).

How to Enroll

You can enroll in a UnitedHealthcare Special Needs plan by phone.

Call a UnitedHealthcare sales agent to have them help you enroll. Call toll-free 1-888-834-3721 (TTY 711), 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week.

Find Medicare Special Needs Plans in Your Area


Call UnitedHealthcare at:

 (TTY 711)

Hours: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time,
7 days a week

Have a reference number?
Enter it here

Need help?

Chat live with a sales agent.